SciFinder Mobile: Quick Access!
What is SciFinder Mobile?
- A highly-simplified version of SciFinder that you can access through most smart phone and mobile devices
How & when would I use SciFinder Mobile?
- Access it anytime, anywhere, using your mobile device
- Log in using your existing SciFinder account username/pw
- Just go to http://scifinder.cas.org/mobile
- Use it for quick & simple searches, including:
- Explore by Research Topic
- Explore by Substance ID
- Explore by Author Name
- Explore by Company Name
- Review your 'Keep Me Posted' alerts
- Review your previously-saved answer sets
How is SciFinder Mobile better than the ‘full version’?
- You don’t need to open SciFinder Mobile via the DePaul Libraries website
- No applications software is needed
What are the limitations of SciFinder Mobile?
- You can't perform structure or reaction searches
- Only the most basic chemical substance data is available
- You can't peform more than 100 substance searches per day
- There are no results export or saving options
- SciFinder's 'Get Full Text' links are not provided (instead, you can find full text by first searching for the publication name via the library website links: "FIND" > "JOURNALS BY TITLE" or else searching for your article from within an article database (e.g. 'ACS Publications,' or 'Web of Science')
- iPads and some other mobile devices are not recognized by SciFinder as 'Mobile' devices, and will not allow you to run 'SciFinder Mobile'
Find additional details on ‘SciFinder Mobile’ at: http://www.cas.org/products/scifindr/sfmobile/index.html), or contact the Chemistry Subject Librarian, or Ask A Librarian.