This guide provides information about library services and resources available to our DePaul University community during this period. At this time, most on-site services have resumed, with some changes as noted here. If you have any questions, please Ask a Librarian for help.
Updates as of April 21:
Contactless Pickup Service for local materials and I-Share is available at both the John T. Richardson Library and the Loop Library during posted service hours.
The following on-site services will continue:
- Expanded course reserves services, including new acquisitions, digitization of audio and video materials, and scanning of book chapters and articles
- Book drops are open for returns as well as our Click and Ship service
- Document delivery (book chapter and article scanning for purposes beyond course reserves)
- Special Collections and Archives digital reference services utilizing physical collections, and instruction preparation (item selection and digitization)
- Interlibrary loan service for physical materials (faculty and staff only)
JTR Independent Study Reservations
Reservations for computer use and independent study on the second floor of the John T. Richardson Library have resumed. Click here for more information and to make a reservation.
We thank you for your patience during these times, and will continue to update you when our services resume.
The DePaul University Library is committed to continuing to support teaching, learning and research during the COVID-19 pandemic. To further this mission we continue to offer the following services:
- Virtual access to all e-resources
- Virtual research help through our Ask a Librarian service
- Virtual instruction services, including Zoom sessions, Special Collections and Archives (SPCA) instruction, and asynchronous online tutorials and guides
- SPCA reference service and access to digital collections
- Course reserves setup and support, including access to e-books, book chapters, articles and streaming media
- Electronic access to book chapters, articles and other digital materials through our interlibrary loan service
Service changes will be shared as soon as possible with our campus community and are subject to change based on city, state and university guidelines related to COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and support during this time.