This guide provides information about library services and resources available to our DePaul University community during this period. If you have any questions, please Ask a Librarian for help.
Updates as of November 13, 2020:
Beginning Monday November 16, the Library, including both Lincoln Park and Loop campuses will be closed. We are no longer accepting reservations for computer use on the second floor of the Richardson Library, and contactless pick up services have been suspended for the time being.
We thank you for your patience during these times, and will continue to update you when our services resume.
The DePaul University Library is committed to continuing to support teaching, learning and research during the COVID-19 pandemic. To further this mission we continue to offer the following services:
- Book drops are open for returns.
- Virtual access to all e-resources
- Virtual research help through our Ask a Librarian service
- Virtual instruction services, including Zoom sessions, Special Collections and Archives (SPCA) instruction, and asynchronous online tutorials and guides
- SPCA reference service and access to digital collections
- Course reserves setup and support, including access to e-books, book chapters, articles and streaming media
- Electronic access to book chapters, articles and other digital materials through our interlibrary loan service
Service changes will be shared as soon as possible with our campus community and are subject to change based on city, state and university guidelines related to COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and support during this challenging time and look forward to continuing to provide services in support of teaching and learning.