Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library!
This brief, self-directed tour will help you get familiar with the John T. Richardson Library and introduce you to some of the resources available to you as a student, faculty, or staff member at DePaul. We're glad you're here!
- The mission of the DePaul University Library is to cultivate and sustain the intellectual, creative, and social passions of our students, faculty, and staff as we work together to advance the goals of a more just, ethical, and diverse global society.
- The DePaul University Library has 2 locations: The John T. Richardson Library in Lincoln Park and the Loop Campus Library on the 10th floor of the DePaul Center. The DePaul College of Law operates a third library on the 5th floor of Lewis Center, 25 E Jackson.
- The Library’s collections include over a million print & ebooks, 400+ online databases, and 100,000+ print and online journals. You’ll find research materials in the arts, science, humanities, and social sciences at the Richardson Library. At the Loop Library, you'll find collections of research materials in business, communications, computer science and additional study space.
- The Richardson Library is so much more than just research materials: we've got study space, computer labs, media studios, a Maker Hub, video games, recreational reading, DVDs, and more. Plus, friendly library staff to help you make the most of all of it.
- The John T. Richardson and Loop Libraries are open 7 days a week. Want to come visit? Check the website for our current hours.
- For more information about our collections and services, check out our website: https://library.depaul.edu.
Join one of our Library staff members for a guided tour of the building and bring your questions. Tours will take approximately 30 minutes and will meet on the 1st floor, inside near the entrance.
Select a tour below to register. Registration is encouraged, but not required.