Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Academic Search Complete
Indexes journals in the social sciences, humanities, general science, multicultural studies and education.
Dates Covered: 1887-present.
Business Source Complete
Comprehensive coverage of journals and trade publications in all business-related disciplines. Additional full text, non-journal content includes financial data, books, major reference works, conference proceedings, case studies, company profiles, SWOT analyses, investment research reports, industry reports, market research reports, country reports, and Harvard Faculty Seminar Videos.
Dates Covered: 1886-present.
The full text of more than 100 journals in business, social sciences, science, and the humanities. Searchable and browsable by date.
Scholarly Articles Checklist
Sources always documented in a bibliography,references or works cited list, or footnotes at the bottom of each page
- Lengthy often 10+ pages
- Authors' affiliations listed - professors, scholars, or researchers
- Describes the results of original research (e.g. experiments, case studies or analyses)
- Graphs, charts, tables, equations
- Written for experts - use of jargon or technical language
- Multiple authors
- Long, descriptive title
- Journal's title often begins with Journal of... or contains the words Review or Quarterly