The CRAP Test
Evaluate Websites Using these Criteria
Currency, Relevance, Authority and Purpose/Point of View
- How recent is the information?
- How recently was the site updated?
- Is it current enough for your topic?
- Does the information add to or support your research?
- Does the site provide additional links that are also useful?
- Does the site provide more or less information than you need?
- Who is the author/creator?
- What are their credentials or connections to the subject?
- What institution are they affiliated with?
- Who is the publisher or sponsor?
Purpose/Point of View
- Is the information fact, opinion, a spoof or a commerical?
- It it biased?
- Are all sides of an issue represented?
(adapted from Rohrbough LibGuide, OSU)