Contactless pick-up is a way to borrow print books from the DePaul University Library in a safe, socially distant way while the Library buildings are closed or have limited service hours and access to facilities. This service is available to current DePaul students, faculty, staff, alumni, and I-share patrons.
Currently, this service is available for any materials requested locally (i.e. from a Depaul University Library) or via I-Share for pick-up either at the John T. Richardson Library or Loop Library.
Requesting a Book
- Locate your book using LibrarySearch, the search tool located on the library home page at library.depaul.edu
- To request items, you have to sign-in to your library account. You can do this directly from the search results screen. Sign-in with your Campus Connect credentials.
- Once you are signed in, click on the title of the book to additional information about the title and place your request.
- Click on the Request button.
- Fill out the required fields for Pickup Institution and Pickup Location. Select "DePaul University" as the pickup institution. Please be mindful that transferring a book from one DePaul campus to the other requires additional processing time.
- Once you click on the Send Request button, you'll see a confirmation that your request was placed. You will receive a confirmation email once your items are ready to pick-up.
- You can check on the status of your requests by navigating to My Requests from the menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- You'll receive an email notification once your item(s) are ready to pick up. Depending on when you place your request, this may take a few days. Materials can be picked up during designated service hours.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!
Picking Up Your Books
- To pick up your books, come to the library during the designated service hours. Make sure to bring your DePaul ID.
- For the Richardson Library pick-up; when you arrive, swipe into the library with your DePaul ID and check-in with the concierge desk. If you are an Alumni, I-share patron, or DePaul student that cannot swipe in, please call the number on the Richardson Library front door to gain access. The concierge staff will direct you to the Access Services desk to retrieve your materials and complete your checkout.
- For Loop Library pick-up, please call the number for your pick-up location.A staff member will check out the item to your account and deliver it to the socially distanced pick-up point.
- Head home for some quality reading time!
Remember, a face mask covering your nose and mouth is required when you come to the library (and anytime you’re on campus).
Contactless Pick-up Service Hours
DePaul Center (10th floor)
Mondays and Wednesdays from 12pm-4pm
John T. Richardson Library
2350 N. Kenmore Ave. (Kelly Hall)
Monday through Friday from 9am-5:30pm