Contactless pickup is a way to borrow print books from the DePaul University Library in a safe, socially distant way while the Library buildings are closed or have limited service hours and access to facilities. This service is available to current DePaul students, faculty, staff, alumni, and I-share patrons.
Currently, this service is available for any materials requested locally (i.e. from a Depaul University Library) or via I-Share for pickup either at the John T. Richardson Library or Loop Library.
Requesting a Book
- Locate your book using LibrarySearch, the search tool located on the library home page at library.depaul.edu
- To request items, you have to sign-in to your library account. You can do this directly from the search results screen. Sign-in with your Campus Connect credentials.
- Once you are signed in, click on the title of the book to additional information about the title and place your request.
- Click on the Request button.
- Fill out the required fields for Pickup Institution and Pickup Location. Select "DePaul University" as the pickup institution. Please be mindful that transferring a book from one DePaul campus to the other requires additional processing time.
- Once you click on the Send Request button, you'll see a confirmation that your request was placed. You will receive a confirmation email once your items are ready to pickup.
- You can check on the status of your requests by navigating to My Requests from the menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- You'll receive an email notification once your item(s) are ready to pick up. Depending on when you place your request, this may take a few days. Materials can be picked up during designated service hours.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!
Picking Up Your Books
- To pick up your books, come to the library during the designated service hours. Make sure to bring your DePaul ID.
- For the John T. Richardson Library pickup; when you arrive, please call to let us know you are here and wait near the library quad-side entrance: 773-325-7895. Access Services staff will retrieve and checkout your materials and deliver the item(s) to the socially distanced pick-up point.
- For Loop Library pickup, enter DePaul Center through the 333 S. State Street entrance and come up to the 10th Floor library entrance. Please call to let us know you are here if we don't see you through the doors: 312-362-8433. A staff member will check out the item to your account and bring it out to you.
- Head home for some quality reading time!
Remember, a face mask covering your nose and mouth is required when you come to the library (and anytime you’re on campus).
Contactless Pickup Service Hours
DePaul Center (10th floor)
Mondays and Wednesdays from 12pm-4pm*
*Closed January 18 and 20
John T. Richardson Library
2350 N. Kenmore Ave. (Kelly Hall)
*Closed January 18, 19, and 20