Contactless pickup is a way to borrow print books from the DePaul University Library in a safe, socially distant way while the Library buildings are closed or have limited service hours and access to facilities. This service is available to current DePaul students, faculty, staff, alumni, and I-share patrons.
Currently, this service is available for any materials requested locally (i.e. from a DePaul University Library) or via I-Share for pickup either at the John T. Richardson Library or Loop Library.
Requesting a Book
- Locate your book using LibrarySearch, the search tool located on the library home page at library.depaul.edu
- To request items, you have to sign-in to your library account. You can do this directly from the search results screen. Sign in with your Campus Connect credentials.
- Once you are signed in, click on the title of the book to additional information about the title and place your request.
- Click on the Request button.
- Fill out the required fields for Pickup Institution and Pickup Location. Select "DePaul University" as the pickup institution. Please be mindful that transferring a book from one DePaul campus to the other requires additional processing time.
- Once you click on the Send Request button, you will see an on screen confirmation that your request was placed.
- You will receive an email notification once your item(s) are ready to pick up. How long it takes depends on a number of variables. DePaul books are usually available for pick up in a day or two. Books coming from other I-Share locations can take 5-7 business days to arrive. You can check on the status of your requests by navigating to My Requests from the menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!
Picking Up Your Books
- To pick up your books, come to the library during the designated service hours detailed below. Make sure to bring your DePaul ID.
- For the John T. Richardson Library pickup: current DePaul students, staff, and faculty can swipe to enter the library. Be prepared to show the door attendant your Campus Clear App. DePaul alumni, retirees, and I-Share visitors should call the phone number posted 773-325-7899. A door attendant will then admit you. Proceed directly to the Circulation Desk where a staff member will retrieve your requested items and hand them over to you.
- For Loop Library pickup: enter DePaul Center through the 333 S. State Street entrance and come up to the 10th Floor library entrance. Please call to let us know you are here if we do not see you through the doors: 312-362-8433. A staff member will retrieve your requested items and hand them over to you outside the library entrance.
- Head home for some quality reading time!
Remember, a face mask covering your nose and mouth is required when you come to the library (and anytime you are on campus).
Contactless Pickup Service Hours
John T. Richardson Library
2350 N. Kenmore Ave.
DePaul Center (10th floor)
Mondays and Wednesdays only from 12pm-4pm