1. Search for your topic
2. From your search results page, checkmark Articles on the left-hand side.
2. Click on Add/Remove Databases
This will take you to a listing of databases searchable via WorldCat Local.
Publications included in WorldCat Local will almost always have a 1 month lag, but in some cases, the lag could be longer if the publisher has chosen to place an embargo on its content.
1. View Now link: Clicking on the View Now link takes you directly to options for accessing the full text.
2. If a View Now link is not available, click into the record to find options for getting the full text.
Once you are in the record, click on Find Fulltext@DePaul. Here you'll see additional options for getting full text, including a link to Request via ILLiad if the full text is not available online.
1. You are researching a current event or need current articles on a topic.
2. You would like to be able to use special features, specific to that database interface.
3. If you have established that many of the databases in your topic area are not included in WorldCat Local. For example, many of our specialized business databases are not included in WorldCat Local.
4. If you would like to use specialized vocabulary, specific to a database.
Ex: "Cacao seeds are a "Super Fruit": A comparative analysis of various fruit powders and products"
**Remember: WorldCat Local may not include the most recent volumes of a journal or newspaper, so if you are unable to find the full text in WorldCat Local, ask a librarian.